- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 500g chicken strips &/or tofu
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchinis
- 200g pad thai rice noodles
- 4 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 4-6 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Chopped cashews & bean sprouts to garnish
- Firstly, follow rice noodle cooking instructions so they are ready to be added when needed
- Heat oil in a pan, on medium to high heat
- Add chopped onions & cook until browned
- Chop the chicken strips &/or tofu into small pieces and add to the pan. Season with salt & pepper
- While the chicken &/or tofu is cooking mix almond butter, soy sauce & lime juice in a bowl*
- Add the paste to the chicken and stir until chicken is coated
- Peel the whole carrots and zucchinis to make ribbon like strips **
- Add the carrot & zucchini ribbon strips & rice noodles to the pan and stir until coated***
- Serve & garnish with chopped cashews and beansprouts [/directions]
* It will be quite thick with the almond or peanut butter so keep mixing until it comes to a thick paste consistency. I always go by taste so keep tasting the sauce and add ingredients as needed. When added to the pan it will heat and thin out.
**When peeling the zucchinis don’t use the seeds in the middle as they have a bitter taste.
***It is easiest to mix with a pair of tongs. The noodles may fall apart but that is ok.