- 1 pkt (3 sheets) GF pastry
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp of each: turmeric, cumin, coriander & paprika
- 1 pkt frozen spinach
- 200g goats cheese
- 80g pine nuts
- 2 red onions
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Peel and chop sweet potato into slices and place on baking tray. Drizzle was olive oil, sprinkle spices over sweet potato and season with salt & pepper. Place in 200deg oven until golden brown.
- Thinly slice onions and add to the sweet potato baking tray half way through cooking (approx 15mins after sweet potatoes went in).
- While these are in the oven, follow cooking instructions on the spinach and make sure all water is squeezed out and season with salt & pepper. (You can add ricotta to the spinach if you want). Set aside.
- Line the base and side of a round baking dish with the GF pastry.
- When sweet potato is cooked line the bottom of the pie with the pieces, then half the spinach, half the goats cheese & half the pine nuts. Repeat this process. Then add the onions on top.
- Place the last pastry sheet on top and make a hole in the centre. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Place in a 180deg oven for approx 1/2 an hour, or until the pastry is crispy!
* we felt like the pie was missing a bit of sweetness or tartness so next time I’m going to try adding either cranberries or a chutney!
#glutenfree #dairyfree #healthyeating #cleaneating #vegetarianpie #glutenfreepie #pie